About Me

On 4 January 2010 I pledged to get slimmer, fitter and healthier. My journey has so far being bumpy, so bumpy in fact that I derailed in March, got back on track in June and have now just completed my first 12 week programme of working out and eating healthily. I have so far lost 9 pounds and am steadily working towards my goal to lose the grand total of 21 pounds. However, a strange thing happened during the 12 week programme: I started enjoying working out. I realised that I actually love to sweat and I am pretty good at it! I kick @ss in the gym and I check myself out in the mirror while I work. Oh yes, I am a warrior, waging war against each and every excess pound!

Thursday 15 July 2010

Blah

Today I feel blah. If i'm honest, I've felt like this for the last few days. I don't know if it's to do with having the week off with nothing to do other than stay at home or if it's the "6 week slump" or a combination of both. It's weigh in day tomorrow and it keeps playing on my mind. I haven't done as much exercise as I hoped to do this week but my calorie dank has stayed in credit all week. Today I planned to cycle to and from yoga to up my exercise but I just went out for a trial run and not only is it blowing (practically) gale force winds out there but it's also occasionally drizzling. Now that I have decided that I am not going to cycle, I have to think about how else I am going to burn 256 calories today. I could swim but I really don't want to mess up my hair - I spend a lot of money getting it chemically straightened and chlorine will just undo all of that. I guess I can do: 10 minutes on elliptical (95 calories) + 15 mins on stationary bike (110 calories) + 10 minutes on the elliptical/ski machine thing (approx 95 calories) before yoga. Yoga starts in 1 hour at 12:10 so I had better get moving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment