About Me

On 4 January 2010 I pledged to get slimmer, fitter and healthier. My journey has so far being bumpy, so bumpy in fact that I derailed in March, got back on track in June and have now just completed my first 12 week programme of working out and eating healthily. I have so far lost 9 pounds and am steadily working towards my goal to lose the grand total of 21 pounds. However, a strange thing happened during the 12 week programme: I started enjoying working out. I realised that I actually love to sweat and I am pretty good at it! I kick @ss in the gym and I check myself out in the mirror while I work. Oh yes, I am a warrior, waging war against each and every excess pound!

Friday 9 July 2010

Hello 130s!!!

Hola blog!

I am sorry I have abandoned you for a while, there is no need to worry though, I have just been blogging on www.myfitnesspal.com and it is a bit difficult to do both. As today is a momentous day for me, I thought I would write a post. Why is today momentous I hear you ask? Because I am finally back in the 130s!!! I haven't been under 10 stone since I was about 18 years old so this is a major achievement for me. I have also lost a pound more than I originally had earlier on in the year in round 1 so I am pleased to say round 2 is so far, and will continue to be, a success story!

Starting weight: 147 pounds
Current weight: 138.8 pounds
Chest: 35 inches (lost 1.5 inches)
Waist: 30 inches (lost 5 inches ~~~~> this is what the tape measure says but I find it difficult to believe!
Hips: 43 inches (lost 0.5 inche)

In other news, I bought a bike and I have started cycling to work. I cycled to work for the first time on Tuesday and boy was it scary at times! On Wednesday my legs were just killing me so I took a break, Thursday I went to Body Pump and this morning I cycled in again. I really don't think I am at a stage where I can cycle and then work out at the gym so I am going to aim to go to the gym twice a week (Monday spin and Thurs Pump) and cycle to work twice too (Tuesday and Friday). The distance to work and back is 12k so it is reasonable, I can just work on my speed if I want to burn more calories. I have worked out that I need to stick to around 1200 calories to lose weight. Can I just say that I heart my bike? I adore it! It's not particularly functional, doesn't have enough gears and doesn't pick up enough speed but I still love my baby :)

Another major change has been my landlord fitting a new grill in my kitchen. I cannot tell you how much this grill has revolutionalised my cooking!

Tonight I am going to make one ingredient ice-cream - I'll report back and let you know how I get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment