About Me

On 4 January 2010 I pledged to get slimmer, fitter and healthier. My journey has so far being bumpy, so bumpy in fact that I derailed in March, got back on track in June and have now just completed my first 12 week programme of working out and eating healthily. I have so far lost 9 pounds and am steadily working towards my goal to lose the grand total of 21 pounds. However, a strange thing happened during the 12 week programme: I started enjoying working out. I realised that I actually love to sweat and I am pretty good at it! I kick @ss in the gym and I check myself out in the mirror while I work. Oh yes, I am a warrior, waging war against each and every excess pound!

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Haagen Dazs, I defeat you ...

I spent the day with my sister today and despite us both being on a weightloss journey she insisted on going to the Haagen Dazs restuarant. I tried persuading her that a skinny latte from Starbucks was a better treat and that as we hadn't eaten lunch yet we were probably better off just getting a proper lunch. It didn't work and after promising she would only order one scoop we ended up sitting at a table for 2 with the full Haagan Dazs menu in front of us. Needless to say she didn't order just one scoop - she ordered 2 scoops of ice cream, with caramel, cream and pancakes. I know that she thought I would cave in and order something but I am so proud to say that I didn't order anything. Not. A. Thing. I just sipped my water, safe in the knowledge that I wasn't consuming 680 calories and 31 grams of fat on a dessert :)

No comments:

Post a Comment