About Me

On 4 January 2010 I pledged to get slimmer, fitter and healthier. My journey has so far being bumpy, so bumpy in fact that I derailed in March, got back on track in June and have now just completed my first 12 week programme of working out and eating healthily. I have so far lost 9 pounds and am steadily working towards my goal to lose the grand total of 21 pounds. However, a strange thing happened during the 12 week programme: I started enjoying working out. I realised that I actually love to sweat and I am pretty good at it! I kick @ss in the gym and I check myself out in the mirror while I work. Oh yes, I am a warrior, waging war against each and every excess pound!

Saturday 28 August 2010

30 Day Shred Prep

I am a poorly pup! I am so p!ssed that I've become sick a couple of days before I am due to start the 30 day shred. I've got a sore throat, I'm sniffly and I have a headache. Grrrrrr! I am taking lemsip though. On Friday I was in a very good mood and quite excitable, my boyfriend reckons I'm ill because I tired myself out on Friday by being in such a good mood! Anyway I picked up my 30 Day Shred DVD this afternoon and then went shopping for a smart pencil skirt for work. I went into M & S and, guess what, I am now a size 12 - woop woop! Beep Beep! The size 12 was actually a bit big on the waist so I tried the 10 and guess what - it went up my thighs and actually fitted, but alas it was a bit tight on the 'ole hips. I was pretty stoked by that and did a little jig in the dressing room :) I ended up buying a cheaper pencil skirt from Zara for £19.99. It is the same skirt I bought this time last year (except the zip is now on the back, not the side) only it is a 12 and not a 14 :)

Even though I'm ill, I'm still determined to start the Shred and day 1 of the next 12 weeks on Monday. In preparation I did a big food shop. I bought lots of meat, veg and fruit. I decided to switch from salmon steaks to salmon fillets on account of the lower fat content in fillets, although they are pricier. I also picked up some organic pro biotic yogurt and bluebrries for breakfast. For breakfast, I also plan to have poached eggs on a slice of wholemeal toast, this should increase my daily protein intake whilst reducing my carbs. Speaking of macronutrients, I have decided to change my carbs:protein:fat ratio to 40:30:30 (it was previously 51:15:34). This is following the very consistent advice that I need to up my protein intake and reduce my carbs to banish those last few pounds.

To go with the DVD, I also bought Jillian Michaels "Making the Cut" book. I'm still waiting for this to arrive but I am hopeful that it helps focus my mind for the next 12 weeks.

I am going to take "before" photos on Monday so I have something to look back on. While I am at it, I will also compare the photos to the ones I took in January. I have lost 7-9 pounds so I don't think there will be a lot of progress but it will be good to see either way.

Peace out peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment