About Me

On 4 January 2010 I pledged to get slimmer, fitter and healthier. My journey has so far being bumpy, so bumpy in fact that I derailed in March, got back on track in June and have now just completed my first 12 week programme of working out and eating healthily. I have so far lost 9 pounds and am steadily working towards my goal to lose the grand total of 21 pounds. However, a strange thing happened during the 12 week programme: I started enjoying working out. I realised that I actually love to sweat and I am pretty good at it! I kick @ss in the gym and I check myself out in the mirror while I work. Oh yes, I am a warrior, waging war against each and every excess pound!

Tuesday 31 August 2010

Day 1 of the Shred

I almost didn't start the Shred yesterday. My throat was still hurting and I had a nasty cough, but I sucked it up and put the DVD in. I have to say it wasn't as tough as I thought it would be. I managed to convince my boyfriend to do it with me and the 20 minutes flew by. He took on the role of my personal trainer (perhaps to avoid having to actually do the workout??!) and gave me tips on my form. I thought the workout was very simple and easy to follow. I have a feeling I will be moving from level 1 to level 2 very soon. The only reason I am not moving up straight away is that I have to do the modified push ups. I can definitely see myself doing this everyday for 30 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment