About Me

On 4 January 2010 I pledged to get slimmer, fitter and healthier. My journey has so far being bumpy, so bumpy in fact that I derailed in March, got back on track in June and have now just completed my first 12 week programme of working out and eating healthily. I have so far lost 9 pounds and am steadily working towards my goal to lose the grand total of 21 pounds. However, a strange thing happened during the 12 week programme: I started enjoying working out. I realised that I actually love to sweat and I am pretty good at it! I kick @ss in the gym and I check myself out in the mirror while I work. Oh yes, I am a warrior, waging war against each and every excess pound!

Friday 3 September 2010

Zig zagging calories

The general consensus appears to be that one way of getting out of a weight loss plateau is to zig zag your calories, in other words, to eat a different amount of calories each day. This week I have zig zagged my calories :) I have a 3 day rotational system: one day of eating an average amount (1,380 calories), one day of eating a lot (1,700 calories) and another day of eating a little (1,050 calories). This keeps my daily average at about 1,370 calories. I have so far lost 2.75 pounds since Monday but that could be down to last week having been TOM, starting the 30 Day Shred or maybe it's a combination of everything. Either way, I'm pleased to report that, by a whisker, I am back in the 130s. Although I am happy to be at 139.25, I know that the hard work really begins at the 137/138 mark :s

Day 5 of the Shred was alright; it's slowly becoming less of a thing to report back about, which I'm hoping is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment