About Me

On 4 January 2010 I pledged to get slimmer, fitter and healthier. My journey has so far being bumpy, so bumpy in fact that I derailed in March, got back on track in June and have now just completed my first 12 week programme of working out and eating healthily. I have so far lost 9 pounds and am steadily working towards my goal to lose the grand total of 21 pounds. However, a strange thing happened during the 12 week programme: I started enjoying working out. I realised that I actually love to sweat and I am pretty good at it! I kick @ss in the gym and I check myself out in the mirror while I work. Oh yes, I am a warrior, waging war against each and every excess pound!

Monday 11 January 2010

Amen to the Burn!



Feel the burn! Went to another spin class this morning, much better than Friday. I still can't do the "standing sprint" but I got a "You there in the back - excellent!" from the instructor, which made my day :)I felt sick after the class, I guess that means I really worked it.

I felt funny all day, possibly down to a ridiculously low water intake, I only managed 3 glasses on top of the water I consumed during spin.

I have been RAVERNOUS all day. Really couldn't control the munchies as evidenced by my diet. I gave in and had bangers and mash for lunch and a whole New Covent Garden Broccoli and Stilton soup for dinner. Suprisingly, I remained within my calorie intake.

I'm on the look-out for some liquid egg whites. I'm trying to reduce my carb intake and thought substituting my breakfast Shredded Wheat for an egg white omelette. I would probably have to eat it cold though as I prefer to eat at work.

Food for today:

S: Banana
B: 33g Shredded Wheat and Skimmed Milk
S: Grapes
L: Bangers and Mash with onion gravy (bring it on!)
S: Pineapple and mango chunks
D: Broccoli and Stilton Soup

Total calories: 1,041
Carbs: 138
Fat: 37
Protein: 24

Exercise: 45 minute spin class

No comments:

Post a Comment