About Me

On 4 January 2010 I pledged to get slimmer, fitter and healthier. My journey has so far being bumpy, so bumpy in fact that I derailed in March, got back on track in June and have now just completed my first 12 week programme of working out and eating healthily. I have so far lost 9 pounds and am steadily working towards my goal to lose the grand total of 21 pounds. However, a strange thing happened during the 12 week programme: I started enjoying working out. I realised that I actually love to sweat and I am pretty good at it! I kick @ss in the gym and I check myself out in the mirror while I work. Oh yes, I am a warrior, waging war against each and every excess pound!

Thursday 14 January 2010

Week 1 Weigh in

I had my weigh in last night, to say I was terrified doesn't describe the feeling! I've lost 3.5 lbs! Considering that my goal was to lose about 7 lbs by 19 February, I am elated! I have never combined a good diet with exercise before, I have always done either/or so, it's fantastic to see that I can get such good results!

I had my cheat meal last night too. To tell the truth, I really needed it. I was starting to lose motivation, not drinking enough water and really suffering from the munchies to the point where I was sneaking tbsp of peanut butter! My weigh in results have put me back on track and I am more excited than ever about what I can achieve by my short term goal date and long term goal date.

This morning I went to Body Pump, it was a really good class. I used a weighted bar as I am a beginner so it will be great to move on to proper weights next week and really push myself. My legs aren't aching (ye) but I have a feeling that after all those squats and lunges I will be feeling it in spin tomorrow morning. Feel the burn!

My boyfriend is a bit of a yoga nut but I have manageg to persuade him to try pilates instead with me on Saturday afternoon. I also have a long walk from Streatham Common to Wimbledon planned with the girls on Sunday. So at the moment, my exercise diary is looking like this:

Friday: Spin/Circuit training
Saturday: Pilates
Monday: Spin
Tuesday: Pilates
Thursday: Body Pump

There is an abs/back class on Wednesday which would probably sort me out but I think I will stick to Body Pump instead for a full-body workout.

Food for today

S: Banana
B: Wholemeal toast and 3 scrambled eggs
S:Clementine
L: Salad Bar
S: Green Apple
D: Small Itsu Dynamite Duck

Water: 5 glasses

Total Calories: 1, 089
Carbs: 127
Fat: 30
Protein: 37

Exercise: Body Pump

With the exception of carbs, I'm generally not hitting my micronutrient targets, they are too low. Not really sure how to bring my protein up and carbs down, particularly as I am already not eating rice or pasta ...

Food for Wednesday

B: About 15g Honey nut shredded wheat and fruit salad
L: Itsu Dynamite Free Range Chicken
D: Cheat meal of Garfunkel Burger and Chips (gross - but I love it!)

Water: 6 glasses

Total calories:1, 607
Carbs: 109
Fat: 44
Protein: 40

Exercise: None

1 comment: