About Me

On 4 January 2010 I pledged to get slimmer, fitter and healthier. My journey has so far being bumpy, so bumpy in fact that I derailed in March, got back on track in June and have now just completed my first 12 week programme of working out and eating healthily. I have so far lost 9 pounds and am steadily working towards my goal to lose the grand total of 21 pounds. However, a strange thing happened during the 12 week programme: I started enjoying working out. I realised that I actually love to sweat and I am pretty good at it! I kick @ss in the gym and I check myself out in the mirror while I work. Oh yes, I am a warrior, waging war against each and every excess pound!

Wednesday 6 January 2010

Snow Day!

Snow day!! It looks beautiful outside but unfortunately didn't snow enough to keep me from going to work! I will take some pics to post.

Today is Day 3 and I must admit I am starting to wane already. I woke up feeling lethargic and its continued until mid-morning even though I have now eaten breakfast. The lethargy reduces my will power and makes me feel tired, grumpy and unable to work. I didn't have it yesterday and the only difference I can think of between today and yesterday is that yesterday I had a cup of peppermint tea and a tangerine before leaving the house and then had breakfast at work. I will be sure to do this tomorrow. Went out to Itsu for dinner last night even though I had the option of going to my favourite Thai, I turned it down to remain on track. Woop woop to me! It felt nice to not give in and also Itsu was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! I had the vegetable dumpling broth and it was delish! I will definitely be going back, particularly on days when I feel lazy about putting together dinner at home.

Exercise. Sigh. I received my exercise dvd today (woop woop!) so I WILL exercise tomorrow morning before work. It's been icy/snowy so I haven't been able to go out for a run or do any HIIT training but I'm not too worried as I now have the dvd. I confess that I haven't been doing my daily abs exercises. I will do them when I get home tonight and keep it up.

I think I'm going to start photographing my food to upload to my blog. It might give me a different focus and remind me when I look back that healthy food can be good too. Yum.

Day 3

B: 33g Shredded wheat with 125ml skimmed milk
L: Vegetable salad with 2 slice of ham
S: Green apple
D: Chicken stir-fry with spinach, green beans, carrots, onion and cajun seasoning in a wholemeal pitta bread (yum!).

5 glasses water and peppermint tea.

Total calories:1,222
Carbs:182
Protein: 89
Fat:24

My fat intake was in the green but I was mildly in the red with everything else!

Day 2

S: Tangerine and peppermint tea
B: 33g Shredded wheat with 125ml skimmed milk
L: Vegetable salad with 2 slice of ham
S: Muller Light and apple
D: Itsu vegetable dumpling broth
S: The Food Doctor fruit and seed bar (3/4) plus cheeky bite of my sister's spring roll

4 glasses of peppermint tea + 1 glass of squash + 2 glasses of water

Total calories:1,433
Carbs:141
Protein: 26
Fat:43

Still no snack between breakfast and lunch so was starving! Went over my calories a bit but that's okay as I had a shortfall . I am finding it hard to get my balance of protein, carbs and fat to 40:30:30. I have a major shortfall of protein and too many carbs. I will have to think about incorporating it into dinner e.g. pitta bread filled with 2 scrambled eggs and 2 egg whites and maybe finding an alternative low carb breakfast.


Day 1
B: Fruit salad
L: Vegetable salad (mixed seeds, beetroot, mixed beans, broccoli, sweetcorn, cubed salami and green beans) with 2 slices Ham (fat cut off)
D: 1/2 carton of Covent Garden Lentil and Smoked Bacon soup with chopped up sausage.

4 glasses of water (rubbish!)

Total calories: 931
Carbs: 74
Protein: 45
Fat: 37

I'm not happy with my meals as I didn't have any snacks between meals which got me very hungry e.g. between breakfast and lunch I felt like I had a hole in my tum - amateur mistake! I'm also aiming for 1,200 calories so I needed to have eaten something else, I reckon the snacks would have been enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment