About Me

On 4 January 2010 I pledged to get slimmer, fitter and healthier. My journey has so far being bumpy, so bumpy in fact that I derailed in March, got back on track in June and have now just completed my first 12 week programme of working out and eating healthily. I have so far lost 9 pounds and am steadily working towards my goal to lose the grand total of 21 pounds. However, a strange thing happened during the 12 week programme: I started enjoying working out. I realised that I actually love to sweat and I am pretty good at it! I kick @ss in the gym and I check myself out in the mirror while I work. Oh yes, I am a warrior, waging war against each and every excess pound!

Sunday 31 January 2010

Weekend Post

I was mega lazy on Saturday morning. I had planned to go to Body Pump followed by Pilates but I decided against BP as it would be a different instructor. As for Pilates, well, like I said, I'm a lazy girl.

I can really feel the difference the last few weeks of spin have made to my legs, my thighs feel firmer when I prod them and I can see that I'm losing my "love handles". I am inspired to keep at it but at the same time also a little frustrated that other bloggers are losing pounds at a faster rate than I am. I know I shouldn't compare myself to other people and that the first few pounds drop off easily so I will just focus on what I'm doing. In the same breath, I will also say I find other blogs really inspirational.

I had a fabulous cheat meal last night. I ordered small fish and chips. Usually, I would have eaten perhaps 3/4 of it but I only managed 1/3 before I got bit bored of it. Halleluja, I think my tastebuds are slowly changing!!

Food for Sunday


B: Maple Syrup Oatso Simple
S: Braeburn apple
L: Half pot of M & S King Prawn Noodle Soup
S: 4 Olives
S:
D: M & S Count on Us Spinach and Riccotta Cannelloni

Exercise: Rest Day

Total Calories: 907 (ridiculously poor, I blame it in the soup I had for lunch)
Carbs: 136
Fat: 17
Protein: 52

Food for Saturday

B: Maple Syrup Oatso Simple
S: Braeburn apple
L: Half pot of M & S King Prawn Noodle Soup
S: 4 Olives
S: Green Apple
D: 1/3 portion of small fish and chips

Exercise: None (shame on me!!)

Total Calories: 1,045
Carbs: 178
Fat: 32
Protein: 73

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elle, just give it time and it will start coming off, your obviously eating well and exercising well so I'm sure its just a matter of time. Its great that your seeing the results of your spinning as well. Keep at it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the words of encouragement, I'll keep at it!

    ReplyDelete