About Me

On 4 January 2010 I pledged to get slimmer, fitter and healthier. My journey has so far being bumpy, so bumpy in fact that I derailed in March, got back on track in June and have now just completed my first 12 week programme of working out and eating healthily. I have so far lost 9 pounds and am steadily working towards my goal to lose the grand total of 21 pounds. However, a strange thing happened during the 12 week programme: I started enjoying working out. I realised that I actually love to sweat and I am pretty good at it! I kick @ss in the gym and I check myself out in the mirror while I work. Oh yes, I am a warrior, waging war against each and every excess pound!

Thursday 7 January 2010

Hypnodiets

According to my brand new scales at home, I am 11 stone - eeeeeeeeeeek!! I am almost positive they are inaccurate as I was 10 st 4 when I went to Slimming World a couple of weeks before Christmas and I haven't binged that much! However, as they are the only scales I have, I am going to take what they say as gospel.

Yeserday I read an interesting article on Hypnodiets on the Times Online website. The idea is that we can reprogramme ourselves to a time when we had a healthy relationship with food. The sample podcast available on the webpage was brilliant. The visualisation technics really made me calmer and - get this - helped me get out of bed this morning at 6:50 to do my fitness dvd! My alarm went off and I was really tempted to just crawl back into bed but I "breathed out" all of those feelings and then visualised, through the "triangle into my mind" my SFHM. And boy, did she have amazing abs!

The dvd workout was okay. I followed the advice on beginners and didn't use weights. Whilst I was tired, I wasn't "I want to pass out and die" tired. I don't think I'll enjoy doing just the dvd so I will have to look into joining the gym. As I am skint, I am not sure if that will happen this month.

I'll update late with my food for today.


B: 33g Shredded Wheat with skimmed milk
S: Green apple
L: Salad Pot
S: 5 strawberries
D: Itsu vegetable dumplings

Total Calories: 1, 087
Carbs: 117
Fat: 16
Protein: 28

Exercise: The Firm Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn DVD (52 mins - low intensity)

8 glasses

A bit low on everything except carbs me thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment