About Me

On 4 January 2010 I pledged to get slimmer, fitter and healthier. My journey has so far being bumpy, so bumpy in fact that I derailed in March, got back on track in June and have now just completed my first 12 week programme of working out and eating healthily. I have so far lost 9 pounds and am steadily working towards my goal to lose the grand total of 21 pounds. However, a strange thing happened during the 12 week programme: I started enjoying working out. I realised that I actually love to sweat and I am pretty good at it! I kick @ss in the gym and I check myself out in the mirror while I work. Oh yes, I am a warrior, waging war against each and every excess pound!

Monday 4 January 2010

My Slim, Fit and Healthy Me

Hello worldwide web and welcome to my fitness blog.

As has been the case since time immemorial, my New Year's resolution this year is to lose weight. I have tried to lose weight before, most recently being a couple of months ago when I joined Slimmers World, but it never seems to work out. I always fall off the wagon and before I know it, my lapse has become a relapse. I have tried every diet you can think of and I have tried going to the gym but, for some reason (perhaps due to my inability to multi-task) I have never tried to diet at the same time as going the gym.

A few years ago I lost a lot weight and know that I looked great for it. I am only 23 and I really want to enjoy my twenties and the rest of my life as a slim, fit and healthy human being. As a result, this year I will put a stop to the yo-yo dieting and work towards my slim, fit and healthy me ("SFHM"). I have decided to blog my journey to my SFHM for moral support and as a reminder when I fall off the wagon of why it is I should get back on track. I will be posting photos, my meals, exercise and also general musings.

Why I want to reach my SFHM

  • I have very low energy and I feel sleepy during the day
  • I am unhappy with the way I look. I sometimes get really depressed when I see myself in the mirror
  • I am going on holiday with my boyfriend and his friends in 7 weeks and would hate to be "the fat one on the beach"
  • I want to feel proud of myself, my body and my health
  • I want to run for fitness, stress relief and as a hobby

Reasons I have failed in the past

  • Alcohol - I drink too much of it
  • Unfortunately I love crisps and anything salty/deep-fried, it's my Achilles heel
  • I dine out too often and find it hard to eat healthily off a menu, especially when everyone around me isn't
  • I feel like I can't be bothered to exercise
  • I get upset when I don't lose weight/exercise and give up
  • I get upset because I am a crap runner, I give up after 5 minutes and feel achey for days afterwards
  • When I get home from work I am so hungry I eat the first thing I see

Things that will be different this time round

  • In the same way that in order to get over an ex you must cut off contact immediately after a break-up, I am cutting off contact with alcohol, crisps, anything salty/deep-fried and dining out for 7 weeks. This should help me kick-start my regime to achieve my SFHM.I accept in advance that I will fall off the wagon and at times I will do so spectacularly. However, I will also get back on the wagon because my ultimate goal is long-term and should not be jeopardised because I had a KFC one evening on the way home. A lapse does not have to become a relapse.
  • I will plan meals in advance, namely lunch and dinner and ensure I have healthy snacks to eat throughout the day.
  • I will drink 8 glasses (2 litres) of water a day including herbal teas, sugar free squash and water with lemon.
  • I will eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day
  • I will do an exercise dvd a minimum of 3 times a week and do my abs exercises everyday.
  • I will use the stairs at work more.
  • I will not run for exercise. I will run 3 times a week for enjoyment, to challenge myself to see how far I can go and for me time.

My current stats

Chest: 36.5"
Waist: 35"
Hips: 43"
Weight: 10 st 7 lbs (?)
BMI: 26 (overweight)

My goal

To lose 16 lbs and reach 9 st 5 lbs
BMI: 23 (normal)

Short term goal (19 Feb 2010): lose 8 lbs and reach 9 st 13 lbs
Long term goal (31 March 2010): lose 16 lbs and reach 9 st 5 lbs

HERE GOES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment